posted Aug 18, 2011, 7:08 AM by Scott Seaby
updated Aug 19, 2011, 6:08 AM
The RCC will host its 4th Annual RCC Festival this Saturday (August 20th). The Regatta will take place between 8:30am and 4:30pm. This year we have 23 teams participating. I encourage everyone to come down and cheer on the teams. Below I've included a few brief points about the race.
- A canteen will be available on site for food. We will be open for breakfast as well. The food is great and very reasonably priced.
- Team tents will be permitted on site. You can set up your spot when you arrive Saturday morning. Tents may not be erected close to the docks. There will be some cones marking off the area.
- Life Jackets are mandatory.
- Your overall result will be based on your combined time of the 250m FINAL and 500m FINAL
- Trophies will be presented to the top 3 teams in ALL finals (based on combined times)
- Medals are only awarded to the 1st place mixed team and 1st place women's team in the A-finals
- Teams will be seated into their respective finals based their results of their combined time of the 250m and 500m heats
- Awards will not be presented for the 1000m exhibition race.
- Teams must race with a minimum of 16 paddlers and 8 female paddlers for mixed teams
- PARKING will be extremely limited as many of you know. We will accommodate as many cars as we can but I recommend taking your bike, carpooling, etc.