Important Information: All fees must be paid prior to the start of the program; registration is only final when payment is made. If personal circumstances warrant, please contact the Registrar directly to discuss payment options. There is no HST on programs for Bantams 1 and under. There are no sessions on statutory holidays (Victoria Day, Canada Day, August Civic Holiday, Labour Day and Thanksgiving). Regatta entry fees are extra for EOD, Trillium, Ontario and CKC events; they are generally charged on a per-race basis ($10-$25 per race). Programs or sessions that do not meet minimum registration levels will be cancelled. Registration changes can be made for credit only; refunds are only provided for medical reasons. Please review the Guidelines & Procedures page for more information.
Although no paddling experience is required paddlers must possess minimum swim ability. Prior to getting in
boats participants must show they are a competent swimmer with the ability stay afloat in water without aid
for 5 minutes and to swim 50 metres (any stroke). Instructors will assess swimming ability on the 1st day of the
program so please come ready to get in the water. To avoid disappointment: if you are not sure please try it
out these two abilities in a safe environment before you register for paddling programs. Space in some
programs is limited and we would hate to turn another participant away only to find you cannot participate and
has taken up a registration space.
BY AGREEING TO THIS WAIVER/PRE-REQUISITE I HEREBY DECLARE THAT THE MEMBERS/PARTICIPANT IS A COMPETENT SWIMMER
*Please note: The Applicant is responsible to ensure minimum swim ability. If swim ability is not present the participant will not be permitted to take part in paddling.
Waiver (IMPORTANT: Please ensure that each family member reads and agrees the waiver.
1. I agree to abide by the rules and regulations of the Rideau Canoe Club, and further to behave in a manner consistent with RCC policies.
2. As a member of the Rideau Canoe Club, and if applicable, a participant in a RCC program, I recognize that there are certain risks inherent in the activity as a result of factors including, but not limited to, skills/knowledge required for participation, number of people, water temperature, and weather conditions. I have prepared myself for the requirements of club membership and know of no factor or condition that should be disclosed to the instructor, coach, counselor, supervisor, administrator, or Board or which would make it unsafe for me to participate. I, or my guardian, voluntarily assume all risks, both physical and legal including but not restricted to, loss of or damage to property, and personal injury including permanent disability or death.
3. As a condition of membership, and if I choose to participate in a program offered by the Rideau Canoe Club, I hereby waive my right to make any claim, whether for negligence or otherwise against the Rideau Canoe Club, the City of Ottawa, their sponsors, partners, associates, volunteers, and /or staff. I further agree to indemnify and hold harmless all of the above, from any claim made on my behalf or as a result of injury to my person or property. I recognize that members are responsible for their own medical coverage. I hereby give permission to have the Rideau Canoe Club, through its members/staff/volunteers, arrange for any emergency medical care including hospitalization, if necessary. In all instances where minors are involved, attempts will be made to contact parent or guardian first.
4. I consent to the use and display of photographs/videos in any RCC publication, multimedia production, display, advertisement or web publication.
5. I hereby declare that I am a competent swimmer. The Rideau Canoe Club assumes no responsibility for assessing swimming competency.