Home‎ > ‎DB Home‎ > ‎DB News‎ > ‎

Practices tentatively scheduled to start Friday May 26th (evening)

posted May 25, 2017, 10:44 AM by Rideau Dragon
Our latest communication from Parks can be found below. I've noted what is important in red

"We will be delaying the opening of the lockstations in the Northern half of the Rideau by another week. Official information bulletins to follow. 

That said, we are putting in logs at Hogs Back today. You can expect Mooney's Bay to be filled by tomorrow (Friday May 26th). The only issue you might encounter is flows. 

Once that reach is up, ‎Hogs Back to Hartwells will follow and should be navigable by Saturday."

Based on this information we are hopeful that practices will be a go for Friday night but we will only be able to confirm this around 2pm tomorrow (Friday May 26th). If that doesn't provide enough notice to your paddlers you can cancel those practices now. We are sorry we can't provide more notice but we are dependent on Parks Canada in this instance. Thanks for your ongoing patience.

RCC Staff