Home‎ > ‎DB Home‎ > ‎DB News‎ > ‎

All practices cancelled until May 19th (inclusive)

posted May 11, 2017, 11:31 AM by Rideau Dragon
Unfortunately, we have been informed by Parks Canada that water levels will not be raised to normal levels until May 19th. The water current is quite strong and there are several rapids. Water levels continue to be low while Parks tries to handle the flooding situation further downriver.

We're very sad to report that all practices until May 19th (inclusive) are cancelled. If circumstances change we will contact captains immediately. Make-up practices may be booked for any cancelled sessions and we are looking at options to get more time slots for practices available. We want to get on the water as much as you do! Below is an excerpt from a communication sent to us by Parks Canada. We thank you for your ongoing support and understanding. Again, our thoughts go out to those families affected by the flooding.

"Water levels and flows continue to be well above normal, especially on the Big Rideau and other reservoir lakes which feed the northern section of the Rideau Canal. We won’t be in a position to put any logs back in at Hogs Back until we see a sustained decline in levels and flows. Forecasts are calling for more rain on the weekend and Hogs Back is the last dam that we will seal up for the season due to its position at the end of the system.

At this point, we are working towards restoring all reaches to navigation levels by May 19th. I’d recommend making alternate plans for your operations until that time. If for some reason that date gets pushed back, I will advise you immediately."

Comments